Place your cursor over a number to view a description of the bill element. You may also scroll down to the bottom of the page for a complete list of descriptions
1. Secured Property Tax Bill for Fiscal/Tax year – starting July 1st and ending June 30th
2. Property Data: Legal description of property location
3. Address: This is the situs or physical address of the property (if no postal address this may be blank).
4. Owner: The legal owner as of January 1st
5. The mailing address where tax bill is mailed according to the records with the County Assessor’s office
6. Assessment number: 10 digit number used to identify real property
7. Tax Rate Area: The rate charged in a specific area
8. Bill Number: Unique tax bill number assigned to your property each year
9. Unpaid Prior‐Year Taxes: A Number (in this format: “xxxx‐xxxxxxxxx‐xxxx”) in this box means that there are unpaid prior‐year taxes on this property. The phrase “Delinquency Exists” in this box means that there are unpaid prior‐year taxes on this possessory interest, mobilehome, or water‐distribution assessment
10. Tax amount based on the net value of the property multiplied by the 1% tax limit per proposition 13
11. Ad Valorem Special Assessments are voter approved taxes
12. Special assessments (marked with an”@”) placed on the tax bill at the direction and by the authority of taxing agencies. This area shows a breakdown of your tax bill by agency receiving tax dollars. If you have any questions regarding the tax amounts, contact them directly using the telephone numbers listed.
13. Taxable values of your property as of January 1st – Land, Structure, Trade Fixtures, Trees & Vines, etc… as determined by the County Assessor – for questions regarding values contact their office @ (951)955‐6200.
14. Total Taxable Value
15. Exemptions: HOX – homeowner’s; VET – veterans; OEX – other exemptions for questions regarding exemptions contact the County Assessor @ (951)955‐6200.
16. Net taxable value after exemptions, if applicable
17. A factor derived by combining the 1% limit plus the Ad Valorem Special Assessment rates.
18. Taxes: amount due for taxes not including special assessments
19. Special Assessments (see item #12)
20. The total tax amount for first and second installments
21. First Installment amount is due November 1st no later than December 10th (*if delinquent date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the delinquent date is the next business day)
22. Second Installment amount is due February 1st no later than April 10th (*if delinquent date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the delinquent date is the next business day)
23. First installment penalty of 10% if paid after the delinquency date of December 10th
24. Second Installment penalty of 10% plus cost if paid after delinquency date of April 10th